A nice long hike, with plenty to see along the way!
Gleasmans Falls – Lowville
Location: Lowville, Watson Town
Park/Area: Independence River Wild Forest
Parking: 43.80719, -75.27520
Trailhead: 43.80839, -75.27599
Trail Name/Reference to: Beach Mill Pond Trail
Beach Mill Pond and then, Second Creek: 43.800722, -75.235621
Stream/River/Watershed: Independence River
Waterfall Reference Point: 43.79968 -75.23311
Height of Falls/Type: 50 ft total, series of cascades, highest being 10 ft
Level of Difficulty/Hiking Distance: 6.6 Round Trip
- Gleasmans Falls is not on the trailhead sign
- From the trailhead, head south downhill and cross a bridge over Burnt Creek, reaching the trail register
- Continue across Burnt Creek, following yellow trail markers.
- About 1 mile, reach a beaver pond, bog bridge, and a footbridge.
- At 2.5 miles reach the bridge over Second Creek
- Reach gorge at 2.9 miles near a campsite
- Highest falls at 3.1 miles.
For additional information and photos, please visit bobbieswaterfalls
Directions: From the intersection of Hwy 12 and Stowe St and River St (CR 26), in Lowville, take River St East for .7 miles. This is the intersection with East State St. Continue straight ahead here, still heading east. The road name changed from River St to Number Four Rd. Drive 6.3 miles. Turn right onto Losom Rd and drive .4 miles. Turn right onto McPhilmy Rd and drive 2.9 miles. Turn left onto Beach Mill Rd and drive 3 miles to its end at the Beach Mill Pond Parking Trail head.
Closest Geolocated Address: 8138 Bailey Rd, Lowville, NY 13367, USA
Location Lat/Long: 43.799381
NOTE: Get Directions uses Geolocator for the closest known address. Double check directions prior to the start of your journey.